FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $149 Mystery Flights back for easter ex-MEL
Old Mar 19, 2005, 10:06 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Sharing the Spirit Mystery Flight: $149 per person (all inclusive). Price includes a day return flight to an Australian mainland capital city with a minimum of eight hours at the destination. A choice of departure dates is available: Good Friday, Easter Saturday or Easter Sunday.

Mystery flights can be purchased through Qantas Business Travel on 1300 659 115 between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday.

I bet you they wouldn't earn FF points/SC's since they're charity flights, but in the good old days Mystery Flights DID earn points. I even got a double points bonus out of AN for a trip to BNE one time. LOL.

Anyone know either way?
RichardMEL, where in the quotation you provided does it mention that the mystery flight is a charity one???

Sure, current promotions like the Longreach Easter Flight (SYD/LRE) are designated a charity flight; but perhaps you are either mistaken or you haven't supplied all of the information in the quote provided...but based your comment on the missing data.

Golly, if N and O fares can earn points and SC's; why can't these?? They used to earn me points and flight status in the old TN/QF days (I trekked to SYD and MELas well as TSV and CNS multiple times). Aaahhh, those were the days

P.S. Have now gone to the link provided and I would agree with comments above that it would seem to be those mystery flights over Easter would fall under the "charter" comments in the story...

Last edited by QF WP; Mar 19, 2005 at 10:17 pm Reason: adding postscript, editing speling