FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:14 pm
wilp888

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jdn
I'm pretty sure it is the 5th floor, and I don't think "private" is the right word to describe the public "deck" area shared by the whole hotel that you have a sliding glass door to access from your room. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but private isn't the right word. Also, if you are in a lanai room, you will not be able to see anything other than hotel rooms and sky, as the rooms go up another floor or two enclosing the space. If you want a "theme park view" you won't get this on the lanai.

So far this Hilton is the only one I've been to as a Gold, so I can't compare. I would say the lounge is friendly and comfortable, but not plush. If you want a couch, check out the lobby or 2nd floor.

I would have to say that if you are getting 2 rooms (as opposed to sharing with your youngin), ask for connecting rooms, and ask if one of them can be a corner connecting room. I had this once, and the corner room is a little larger, and the big windows are nice to look out from. Also, the connecting door is towards the end of the room as opposed to right near the front door.

I didn't know about the disney parkinglot trick. I will have to check that out next time I go visit Mickey!
There is a whole wing of Lanai rooms facing away from the "public deck" where the private patio is an extension of your room and nobody else has access to it unless they climb the wall. It's a pretty long walk from the elevators. I think they face the parking lot but you can see the fireworks at night from the patio. The only drawback is that people from the upper floor can look down onto your patio.