FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2004-2006)
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:44 pm
Doppy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oopps.. forgot to mention it was the IC HKG

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Great hotel and fantastic service. The club is not to be beat!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the Virtuoso deal - superior harborview with a guaranteed upgrade to a junior harborview suite. That's exactly what I got a check-in -- nothing more.

- How are the rooms?
The suite was large and had phenominal views. The room itself (xx16) was very unimpressive - it was worn down and the appointments were cheap. It needed a lot of work. The bathroom was great.

- How is the exec. lounge?
Fantastic. Great view of the harbor and the activity in the lobby lounge (great for people watching). The food was great (though limited for vegetarians) and the service was excellent in the lounge and everywhere else.

- What was good and what was bad?
The room had obviously been neglected. I'd never stay here again for the room itself, but the views and service made up for it.

Only drinks were free in the minibar - not snacks - and there was no notice provided. Also, as there was availability, I would have appreciated a further upgrade based on my RA status beyond what the Virtuoso rate had guaranteed.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Good value for the Virtuoso rate. I'd stay again.

Last edited by Doppy; Mar 14, 2005 at 3:33 pm