FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I didn't get upgraded today, but an employee did
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:54 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I didn't get upgraded today, but an employee did

As a newly minted HP Silver (I'll admit it straight up, via a trial elite challange) I was looking forward to my first trip on them in over a year. My first impression was great, the women working the phones at Flight Fund are wonderful as are the airport staff. Today I was on HP 711 from PHX to LAS and while at the airport I asked twice if there were any First Class seats to which I was told no. No matter, it was a 44 minute flight, so I headed onboard the oversold flight to 11F. All around me in rows 10 and 11 were uniformed crew members who were rather friendly. However, about five minutes prior to departure, a gate agent came up to the uniformed pilot in 10F and said "would you like to move to 1C? You'll be more comfortable there". Now I am quite miffed, I specifically asked TWICE about an upgrade and was either lied to or two independant people were wrong. I hope things turn out better for me on my return flight next week.