FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luggage
Thread: Luggage
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2005, 7:18 pm
cawhite

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by travel4aliving
I got tired of dealing with cheaply-built (but expensive) luggage just like you. I tried Samsonite, Travel Pro, and others. The handles would break, wheel bearings come apart, zippers pop off, and seams would pop. I can almost guarantee that I travel as much, if not more, than the busiest person on this board...so I needed a good bag. I finally stopped a pilot who had a bag that looked like it was built like a tank. I've seen a lot of them around, but only with airline crew. He gave me the name - Purdy Neat Stuff made by Luggage Works, http://www.luggageworksonline.com/. The bags are a little pricey, about $300 bucks, but it's worth it to me knowing that my bag's not going to fall apart during a trip. The funny thing is, since I've had the bag, I've been mistaken for a deadheading crewmember three times. I got a free headset out of the deal once.
A friend of mine (airline employee) has one of these bags and loves it, and I"ve thought often about getting one for my next bag (vs a Tumi). But rethought it because of the extra weight. I've asked several pilots for their thoughts on this bag and they all really like it. Thanks for posting the link as I couldn't recall what it was earlier.