FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long, running report to London, Beijing, and Hong Kong
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:48 pm
Darren

Well, then I feel a bit better about it. Since you and I have spoken before about our respective itineraries, I know they were booked at about the same time and more or less had the same type of routing. I just don't get what's so secret. I feel sometimes like I am dealing with a covert military agency because everything is so opaque. If a customer asks, I don't see why the airline can't just give a list of the taxes with a reference of the codes. I can't imagine it would take more than an hour of code writing to integrate it, but what do I know... What I do know is that when I go into Best Buy to get a pair of headphones that are listed at 9.99 and I am charged 10.80, the receipt at the bottom says sales tax 8.25%......$.81 Or when I buy a car and contract says an amount, the different (bullsh!t) fees are individually listed on the contract in a manner that I can at least know what the fees are even if I don't know what the fees actually do. Finally, I have the opportunity to debate the issue and question the fees. Since I don't know what the $50.10 was for, I don't know if it was legit, and I don't know whether to question the fees. I do know that my ticket is marked with one stopover where it should have been marked a connection (in Singapore on the way out). I think that's a few bucks of it but certainly not $50. Who knows...