FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MR points ball back in Amex's court
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2000, 4:48 pm
Ken hAAmer

MR points ball back in Amex's court

Interesting developments highlighted on CP's web site. They've posted scanned copies of recent correspondence between CAIL and Amex. They can be found at: http://www.cdnair.ca/eng/cpi/01discover/index2.html

It's telling I think, that CP chose not to include a copy of the original termination notice sent in the late afternoon of April 20. My guess is that they fired off the letter in the heat of the moment, then only after it hit the fan realized the black eye they gave themselves, and started back-pedalling.

Nevertheless, now it's Amex's turn on the hot seat. I can't see any reason (other than corporate pride, otherwise known as spite) that Amex wouldn't at least consider the issue. Maybe it's time to start lobbying Amex. It would be in the best interest of the customers of both CP and Amex to resolve this issue, and probably in the best interest of CP and Amex themselves, as well. If they can't, then "A plague on both your houses."

And Shareholder -- don't you have a copy of the April 20th letter? Can you post it somewhere?