FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Way OT: Something's going wrong at JetsGo
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:37 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by lcohen999
agreed, except for this weekend its 255 return

Like any transport operator, inventory sells out and is limited closest to travel and of course this is a high demand, virtually fully booked period. As with the remaining airlines, they have variable capacity as we all know and seat inventory is priced accordingly.

I was able to book VIA to Montreal over the first weekend of April last night for the $149.80 price on trains I wanted. And my remark was made in reference to flying between these two cities, which would be the normal fare at normal times. I have no illusion that for the next while higher prices will be the norm. But in the long term, things will settle back to these normal levels for advance bookings.

It is only natural that for the next few weeks, remaining fares will go up because remaining capacity will be limited. Tens of thousands of people with JetsGo tickets for the upcoming months will be trying to rebook for travel through the summer. Yes, it will be bad for a while because if all JetsGo customers rebook on AC, WestJet and CanJet, there may still not be enough seats for the rest of us.