FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costa Rican coffee in three hours?
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:38 pm
cygone

We had a six hour layover on our way to Buenos Aires in October, was able to leave airport and get coffee that time. The store seemed to be quite a distance away, or the cab driver may have been taking us for a ride. We had plenty of time on that occassion. If I could find someone to deliver the coffee I would do that but I have no contact in the country.

Last time I was not charged to leave the airport, maybe this is something new but five dollars certainly will not kill me. The coffee is just not for me. I have turned my relatives and neighbors on to it and whenever I travel they now ask for some on my return. Do not get me wrong I love it also, but the vast quantity is for freinds and relatives. Having 5 brothers and two sisters does not help either as no one person can be treated better than another. I did use two fold up duffle bags last time and that worked fine.

When we landed in LAX last time one of the customs agents remarked to one of my children that the area smelled like a coffee factory. Any way we are leaving March 17th and I will report on how it went when we return.