FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX PULLS OUT OF CP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2000, 9:09 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Sorry to hear about you're "missing the plane" on this KH. In anticipation of the 3.5K "charge" starting next month, I moved 25K across from Amex to CP last Monday and they were posted by Wednesday. [Like many, I had moved 20K in 5K increments across prior to CP's J-class award increases at year end to redeem 4 J-class tickets under the Amex discount program.] All this leaves me with about 4K in my Rewards account, plus any current charges on my Amex card coming through next month.

The new Amex program doesn't sound very attractive, so it may be time to reactivate my Delta account and transfer Amex into Delta, and then move Delta miles into HHonors points.

Any word on the status of the Amex discount on CP awards (suppose this is gone since it was linked to Rewards program), the 1K bonus for buying a CP ticket with an Amex card, or the Platinum card benefits like the 2 for 1 CP ticket?

Suppose time will tell.

EMPRESS, the "collapse" of CP has nothing to do with this, as MD has noted, this is just the logical process of the bankruptcy and reorganization with creditors set out in court last week.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 04-25-2000).]