FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Year 2000 membership
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2000, 2:09 am
CanadiAAn

Empress:

The "legacy bonus" doesn't count towards early qualification of loyalty bonuses, only toward E/P requalification. That is, you must fly 35K to start getting the 50% bonus. Even if you had a 10K legacy bonus and appeared to have 45K qualifying miles, you'd still only have 35K miles for Club and Gold qualification purposes, loyalty bonuses, early qualification bonuses, etc.

On my AA flight YVR-LAX (actually a CP code share) there were also 12 seats open, until 100 hours. Then there were 11 seats. And then after me, only 10 seats. It will be pretty lonely in J class if this keeps up.

His name's Blotto. Sorry, I meant Brotto. Slash and burn guy. Scorched earth expert. Very scary.

AA is "supposed to" follow CP's E/P upgrade rules, but they don't, in part because there systems are still pretty disparate. And I did book and AA flight number on a CP codeshare, then get AA to upgrade me. (Actually, the agent upgraded me without me asking. I did tell him I was calling to check the booking, and get the info on upgrades. He just went ahead and did it.) As well, the flight was only $687 for a completely unrestricted H fare, as opposed to the almost $2000 if I'd booked using CP flight numbers.

E/P service has been hit and miss for me the last few days. Spoke to "Lucky" today, who was very helpful and energetic. Earlier in the day I spoke to some who's name wasn't worth remebering.

I think were doing a pretty good job so far of playing tit-for-tat, when it comes to outsmarting each other. (BTW, anyone know where I can get some tat?)

And how 'bout "Admiral" for a new name?