FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
Old Feb 28, 2005, 1:45 pm
fly co to see the yanks
Suspended

Arrow Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

thank goodness search is back. i did a search and while there were plenty of generic Atlanta starwood posts, nothing specifically on this property. so, here it goes:

checked in. no upgrade. suites under renovation. same thing at the Westin Michigan Ave a few nights earlier. can't wait to see all of these remodeled westin rooms.

not offered an amenity. had to ask as i was walking away.

the room was nice...it was a corner. heavenly bed and dual head shower were nice. room service was fast and tasty. i could see the (dumpy looking) sheraton buckhead from my room. the lobby was impressive. there were two ghiardelli (spelling?) chocolates on the bed as well as two decent size bottles of Panna water (which i love).

for some reason i was charged for both valet parking ($20) as well as self-parking ($15) even though i was only there for about 12 hours. the self-park was reversed at the desk at checkout. valet took too long. i called down from my room with my ticket number. after checking out i went outside (about 15 minutes later). the car wasn't there and i still had a good 5-10 minute wait after that. i wonder where these cars are parked.

i wanted to cash a $200 check. the front desk person scurried around to find the manager to get more cash but i had a meeting and couldn't wait for him/her to be materialize. so, he gave me what he had, $125 (about $40 were in $5 dollar bills).

didn't check the gym out, unfortunately.

in my room key folio was the following note:

"Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Buckhead for your accommodations while in Atlanta. We appreciate your business.....

Please be advised that beginning on Friday, February 25, 2005, our Executive Club floors (21 and 22) will be under renovation. Accordingly, the rooms, suites, Executive Club lounge and its services will be unavailable. The scheduled date for completion of the Club floors is March 10, 2005. The renovation process will continue to move down through the hotel until the project is complete on May 19, 2005.

We do not anticipate any noise or other disruption during the renovation....

Warm Regards,

Tim Dahlen
General Manager"

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Feb 28, 2005 at 3:45 pm