FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Takeoff/Departures Using Runways 06 and 07
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:23 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Herb687
Departing to the south at SFO is quite exciting! The one and only flight in recent memory where I took off from 19 was amazing: windly blustery morning at SFO, ceiling about 3500'-4000', AA 757 to DFW. The 757 was airborne before crossing 28R and we made our first power reduction before crossing the Bayshore Freeway. A couple seconds or so after that we were in the clouds and started the left turn. While looking straight ahead at the Millbrae hills might be a little unnerving when lining up for departure on 19, that 757 sure can climb!!!
i've done that as well and it is exciting but try driving on 101 south when one of the "big birds" either takes off from rnwy 19 or lands on rnwy 1.....now that's a trip. i also landed on 19r yesterday (feb, 27) with a "nice crosswind" right at touchdown but i've also had the pleasure of doing the vor bravo approach thru san bruno valley and landing on 10r-now that's weird.....