FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade?
Thread: Upgrade?
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2003, 2:10 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
It's a shame that we can't even use bmi miles to upgrade on bmi metal - never mind UA miles... Hopefully this will be fixed, although the BD*G vouchers and guaranteed award upgrade are still pretty generous.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
Further, BD has to be the tighest airline offering upgrades</font>
Wingnut is right - compared to BA, upgrades on bmi are a doddle... I've seen plenty of people upgraded on the basis of "a tight connection at LHR". But never mind BA, has any non-SQ *G ever gotten an upgrade on SQ???

As for my experience on bmi as a BD*S, I've had (operational) upgrades on 3 out of the last 15 flights I have taken in the past 3 months. Yesterday I got an upgrade wearing shorts and open-toed sandals (well, it was hot; it was scheduled to be a F100; there is no discernable air conditioning on F100s). Admittedly I have just made BD*G (yay!), but that wasn't in the reservation.

I think with upgrades you just have to be (a) lucky and (b) grateful. High *A status just pushes you up the list, but should not be seen as a guarantee of anything.