FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2005 Elite card arrives
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:35 am
nycnnj

My credentials arrived. The mailing was not really needed, as the postage to get it to me (honestly) was the most valuable part.

Elite PC passes have proven worthless to me in the past, as they got cancelled without prior notice (I first saw the notice in the PC one month after the "new" November expiration date). I now use American Express Platinum to get in reliably without surprise expirations or embarassment (travel companions look a bit surprised when you are turned away from your "Elite" airline's lounge because of a coupon -- not a good way to entice new loyalty). After all, Elites usually beget other future Elites.

Better name and address stickers come in the mail free as incentives to donate money to charities. I am serious, check your junk mail and keep the free "dog" and "kitty" stickers that are pre-printed with your information. As a bonus to the most valuable and loyal CO customers, they are embarassing.

As a CO Elite at various levels for the past 6 or so years, I would think that the small thank-you gifts for my loyalty would be a bit more sincere. Or, I would at least expect that they wouldn't be given and then taken back (as was the case with the previous PC passes).

Last edited by nycnnj; Feb 25, 2005 at 11:43 am