FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does "reserving" tickets guarantee tickets if TACA pulls out of GP?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 6:56 pm
tvl4free

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by vandykes44
This week a friend of mine was able to use GP miles on KLM for a ticket from Chicago to Rome, flying business class in April, for the exact dates she wanted. Took a single phone call.
Well congratulations. ^ But I'm stroking here.

Do you have any idea how many times I've tried to do the same thing (call SleazyPass and tried to book KLM directly w them) and it didn't work! Too many to count, I can assure you. And even with the NW WPAA award finder, I've never been able to find seats in BC in both directions.

BTW, if someone here is in fact our 'token KLM BC award Winner for the Year,' courtesy of SleazyPass, at least I'm glad that it's someone that I know! Woohoo!!! ^

Anyway, simply making a reservation offers you no protection what-so-ever. (You have no contract w/o a tkt). So if it were me, I would ticket anything and everything that I could ASAP.

But remember, you can only ticket a flight one year out...so the return portion should be no further than 1 year hence. But the caveat to that is that if you do book it one year out, SleazyPass is not likely to ticket it for you unless you pay them the expedite fee - as they will usually hold back until 21 days before departure before ticketing.

FWIW, I already thought of this 'waaay advance booking' and that's the way the SP explained the finer print to me.

BTW, hi Shelley!

Last edited by tvl4free; Feb 23, 2005 at 7:06 pm