FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley {US-CA}
Old Feb 23, 2005, 9:52 am
Jassy-50

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
I can't help with how the hotel is, as I live just down the road apiece from it and so have never stayed (it appears neat and clean, however, and not run-down). However, I can answer your question re location. It is next to Highway 101 at Bowers Ave., in a basically office park area. There are some dining options within a block or so, mostly ho-hum (a Mexican place, Sizzler, Denny's, Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Arthur's (a higher-end restaurant, but one I personally am not fond of)). Across 101 are more restaurants: Bennigans, Pedros, Parcel 104 (in the Marriott Hotel, very good but pricey), and a shopping center (El Mercado) with some additional eating establishments (Mexicali Grill is not bad, also In and Out Burger and a few others), an electronics store (Micro Center) and a movie theater complex. You will definitely need a car to get around the area. It is easy to get to from SJC, and the hotel may have a shuttle. Intel Museum is not too far away and is interesting. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Last edited by Jassy-50; Feb 23, 2005 at 10:04 am