FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:16 am
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I have stayed there several times, always on points or FFNs. Note, if you are a DIamond, never use 18k for RC, use 15K, they will always upgrade you.

Check-out is very slow in the lobby. RC staff are not always present on the 8th floor. I have always had to check-out in the lobby. Doorman never helps with bags, and I have had to get my own taxi many times.

However, the beds are great (but I really wish they would get regular duvets, they wrap two sheets around a duvet, and use the two sheets as the cover, it can get messy at times.

the diamond amenity is water (2 bottles, a bottle of red (cheap) wine and fruit. I have only recevie the amenity (and I really did not care) about 50% of the time. If you arrive early and take a nap with the do not disturb sign onthe door, they will not leave it and they never will come back with it.

Plus, always given early check-in, always upgraded, good beds and excellent location. ALso never had a problem getting pointor FFN av ailability. Hotel will unblock rooms if you send them an e-mail.

I still maintain for points it is worth every point. I would never pay my money to stay there, rates are to high, especially given the competition. (check out the Marriott Park Lane-simply amazing at the same Hyatt rates,ifyou e-mail them and ask them to match Hyatt.com rate, they will.)