FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ? re Las Vegas with 18 mo. old: FS or RC?
Old Feb 13, 2005, 7:46 pm
suzy1K

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
I stayed at the FS in Vegas. It was great. Memories of the buffet breakfast still makes my mouth water (or was it the breakfast I had this morning at the FS Chicago?). I digress ... A great thing about the FS LV is that it's a manageable size: the pool isn't a mile from the room (a la Mandalay Bay) so when you're schlepping the baby's items around you'll be much happier. My little tip: Make sure you get a room sort of near the elevator.No more than 1/2 way down the hallway. If you're at the end of the hall and have to go back to the room a lot (as I did during a convention) you will go batty.

My brother & his wife are sold on FS for being child-friendly after an amazing stay at FS in Maui.

I also tried out the Hyatt Lake Las Vegas next to the Ritz Carlton. The location is fine if you are just going to hang out there & not go into Sin City. It's halfway to Lake Mead on a man-made lake formerly a big swath of desert (I saw the area pre-lake). Otherwise, your wife will pummel you. Would she rather be at the hotel 10 minutes after walking out of McCarren or over 45 minutes later (esp if the baby is cranky after flying)? A quick cab ride/FS airport pickup or dealing with a rental car & getting bogged down in traffic going East? Yeah, I thought that would be your answer. Please book the FS. You won't be sorry. Small other wife-pleasing item: lots of shopping in Vegas. (Or you could treat her to some time at the FS Spa). NOTHING by Lake Las Vegas except maybe a Tiger Mart.

HAPPY MOTHER = HAPPY BABY = HAPPY MOTHER = you are