FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chacroute garni and cassoulet in Montreal
Old Feb 12, 2005, 9:53 am
anonplz
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
But I do know you can get cassoulet(I belive it is produced by Rougie)in jars at Hamel in the Jean Talon Market,and also at a little store on the opposite side of the market(near Bruilerie St.Dennis)in a market which sells only Quebecois product.
Thank you for that! ^ I will definitely put that on my shopping list for next time.

When I ran a fancy food store we would get cassoulet,gras d'oie,soupe de poisson ect,,,under the Petrossian lable(yes the caviar folks)so if you are in NYC stop by Petrossian,treat yourself to a nice lunch,and shop in their retail shop next door.
Been living in NYC for 9 years - shows you what I know.

A company called D'Artanagne sells all sorts of Gascogne goodies.They are based in new york but are widely marketed and also do mail order.
^ Yes, actually, D'Artagnan is a great company - I buy their products all the time - they used to have a market stall @ the big market @ Grand Central, but I don't get over there much anymore so I don't even know if it's still there. Since many upscale food shops in NYC sell their wares, I don't really have much need to make a special trip. I just hit the Garden of Eden or Zabar's. Complicating things is that my s.o. is a fussy eater, and won't touch liver products, so I have to eat it all myself, sadly.