FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW and the AA / C. R. Smith Museum in Dallas (consolidated)
Old Feb 12, 2005, 7:57 am
JonNYC
Suspended

These are directions for free van transport to the American Airlines Training and Conference Center, which I think is right on the same plot (and same side of the highway, I think.)
AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION
American Airlines Training and Conference Center offers complimentary transportation to and from DFW Airport. This service is available seven days a week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.

Upon arrival at DFW airport, proceed to the baggage claim area and secure your luggage.

Once you have claimed your luggage, proceed to the “ Hotel Transportation” Board located in the Baggage claim area.

Using the courtesy telephone provided at the Hotel Board, call the American Airlines Training Conference Center…a number appears next to our name on the board.

The operator will ask you to identify your location. That information is printed clearly for you next to the courtesy phone you are using. Because DFW airport has four separate and distinct terminals, it is important that we know exactly where you are so that a driver can be dispatched expediently.

The operator will advise you to proceed to the lower level of the terminal, and stand near the curb, between the two gray signs that say: “Courtesy Van Pickup”.

Please be advised that our drivers pickup on the lower level only. You must take the escalator or elevator down one level from the Baggage Claim.

Return transportation from AATCC to DFW airport is available between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Shuttles run on demand, and do not follow a rigid schedule. Simply request the shuttle at the front desk of the hotel lobby, allowing yourself 20 minutes lead time in the event our drivers are in transit at the time of your request.
And generic driving instructions (but not to the Museum specifically-- to AATCC):
"From D/FW Airport:
Take the South exit out of DFW. Take the Highway 360 South Arlington exit, which bears to the right. Exit 1/4 mile onto the access road to FAA Road. Continue to the three-way stop sign. Go straight through intersection. "

Address of the Smith Museum:
4601 Texas Highway 360 at FAA Road
Fort Worth, Texas