FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Berlin, Germany
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:53 pm
Jim90068

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
Berlin Marriott

Checked in last night for a 6 night stay. On check-in was offered a Executive Club ugrade for 50 Euros, which includes club access,an ExecClub floor, free (!) internet access, and unknown other perks. I decided to pass it up.

Got to my room, and saw that high speed net access was 19.95 Euros per day (!), and thought...maybe an upgrade to a club floor + internet access + the club room maybe would be worthwhile.

Called the front desk...they said ok, and moved me to a room on the Executive Club floor. Believe it or hot it was smaller and inferior to the room on the non-club floor I'd been originally assigned. I complained, and they moved me to another room, identical to my first asssigned room (and I decided to call off the Exec Floor upgrade since it was 50 Euros for no apparent value). Called the front desk that I didn't want Executive Club access after all. Was told that all would be taken care of.

Checked with the front desk tonight, 24 hours later, since my room charges weren't available on my room TV. They confirmed my room rate and my Exec Club Floor upgrade charge of 50 Euros a night. I objected, saying that I'd called to cancel...since I didn't see the value. He said I'd been put on a club floor ( not THE Club floor), which was different. With all defernce, there was no difference in the room...ok, maybe an extra bottle of Shampoo and a bathrobe....but NO DIFFERENCE FROM THE NON-CLUB Floor.

After arguing for a few minutes, the front desk manager agreed to eliminate the 50 Euro/day chage, and I agreed to not go to the Lounge.

Anyone else get caught in this scheme?