FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cebu, Philippines or Bangkok/Pattaya, Thailand?.. And where to stay?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:23 pm
bbaker777

Programs: NWA Platinum
Cool

Go to Thailand! The people are sooo warm and friendly. The service is second to none! I've been to Bangkok many times and have stayed many different places just to try them out for a few days. The Peninsula, Oriental and Shangri-la are wonderful properties and if you have never stayed at a 5 star hotel, Bangkok is the place to try it. If your going to play with the big boys...There is nothing better than the Peninsula. The lowest price you'll get is about $180 (Bangkok jem and jewelry convention's special rates)
If you want to spend $100-$130 (USD) the Marriott Resort (there are two Marriott properties in Bangkok) can't be beat for that price.
Now, let me tell you what I've discovered after trying them all. For the best value, go to www.the-ascott.com and look at the Somerset Suwan Park view. It is in a great location (next to the Ploenchit BTS station) and for $80 (USD) you'll get a one-bedroom condo with a kitchen, pool, exercise, etc. etc. and of course breakfast is included. There is no better value in Bangkok. The staff is wonderful as well.
Another suggestion is to go to Koh Samui, check out the First Beach Bungalow or Samui Resotel (there are many places to choose from in Samui).
Shopping...food....sightseeing....beautiful girls...safety....value...etc.etc.. Trust a stranger...give Thailand a try.