FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Locked thread and AC cert giveaway
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:14 pm
Q Shoe Guy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozstamps
I confess I almost never look in on the AC forum, but did so just now, and am confused.

There is presently a very long thread on page 1 of that Forum titled:

Upgrade certificate giveaway

And only started in Jan 2005 by veteran FT'er and current Talk Board member kempis.

A great deal of generous upgrade cert giving going on there. With, it appears to me, much commendable Community Spirit and cameraderie, with posts like this for 2 x SWU's.

Am I missing something - was this same thread removed from AC to CC and recently re-instated? There does not appear to be any moderator edits or comments that I could see, anywhere inside it on a quick read over.

If not - I am a little confused where the fuss is? If any semblance of consistency is in place, nothing re upgrade giveaways should be moved, or all threads should be moved - surely?
Your feeling of confusion was the same as mine ozstamps.
I pointed this out earlier on in the thread and was told that as "the thread by Kempis" was not reported as a bad post that it escaped being moved or deleted(which I found odd, and led to the question of who on the AC forum would report it as a bad post?) Most of us would prefer to continue to gift AC certs on the AC forum as it underlines the spirit of our forum. I also think that the threads moved should be moved back!