FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RA referral value
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:27 am
DoubleJ

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Dino2020
And if you have to requalify and the RA agents have it wrong...
At least for myself, I consider the value of this or any RA referral to be dependent on just this yet unclarified point--does renewal require meeting the normal annual stay requirements or is $100 annually sufficient? This is akin to the value of a one-year lounge membership to that of a lifetime membership. I don't stay enough in IC's in one year to warrant putting out something in the 100,000 miles/150,000 PC points range as others have offered. On the other hand, if $100 annually is all it takes to renew RA indefinitely, then that's a horse of a different color, and like a lifetime lounge membership, worth more.

person A gets refferal form and signs up $150

11 months later give referral to Person B who signs up cost 150$ (which you pay)

2 weeks later person B gets a RA box with refferal form they give this to you

2 weeks later you sign up using refferal off person B when you RA status expires for 150$

RA for 12 more months

total cost
300$ a year to keep RA for life
This assumes that your partner is not going to at some point down the road find a new "partner" or decide they need some quick $/miles for a trip.