FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS to HI?
Thread: AS to HI?
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:38 pm
WebTraveler

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I understand what you're saying but, since we don't have a partner with any kind of a hub at PHL, we wouldn't have any feed traffic that way. We already offer multipe connecting opportunities to virtually any city in the NE through EWR/IAD/BOS/DCA and even ORD. In fact, I don't know if PHL would offer any additional connecting opportunities to any cites we don't currently serve already through our partners via one of those points. ATL would offer a whole host of connecting opportunities throughout the southeast to MANY destinations that Alaska doesn't currently offer single connection service to. Not just to FL but cities throughout TN, AL, KY, WV, VA, SC, NC, LA, MS. I believe that ATL offers much more than PHL in terms of connecting opportunites.
Who is the partner at IAD & DCA?

Is the SE a big travel destination for northwest travelers? NWA can hardly fill its SEA-Memphis flight to it's "connection opportunities in the southeast." I can hit virtually any city in the Gulf coast via AA at DFW or CO at Houston. I just don't see the deep south as economically viable for northwest or Alaska travelers. If so, there'd be more flights!

Time will tell, but I still think Atlanta is not the best choice.