FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closing: JW Marriott Ihilani (@ Ko Olina) -- Oahu, Hawaii
Old Feb 4, 2005, 6:11 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Calliegirl
Blain,
What room location did you have? The standard room has a mountain view, next is garden view (1 upgrade per day..5,000 pts.), then partial ocean view (2 upgrades per day), next ocean view (3 upgrades per day), and last deluxe ocean view (4 upgrades per day..I'm told in a separate 3-4 story wing).

In your opinion, what level would be worth the extra points. I know that this is subjective, but since you have just returned, I would be interested in your viewpoint. Thank you.
Mountain view rooms have really no views other than the golf course and some rather barren hills. Ocean view rooms generally have good ocean views, but are on lower floors and some may have views partially obstructed by tall palm trees. Deluxe ocean view rooms are on the higher floors of the tower building and also in the separate 4 floor ocean front building. Floors 1 and 2 of the ocean front building can have obstructed views due to trees and foilage.

This is a great, quiet resort. Have stayed there for many years. It's not a place for those looking for beach volleyball, etc.