FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Champagne, Sir? Life and times in BA's First Class ~ Australia to California
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:42 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I loved your report except for this comment;
".......Fare bucket searches done earlier in the week showed plenty of First Class seats available on this flight, so I suspect that some of these passengers may have been riff raff from … that’s right – Business Class".
Come on we have to appreciate all people.
Regarding the riff raff from back in... well, you know... the "B" word ~ I assure you my comment was purely facetious rather than malicious in spirit. As one who's spent far more time in Economy than First Class, sleeps in airports, buys his "good" clothes at thrift shops and is presently homeless, living out of the back of my truck or with kindly friends, you can just call me "King of the Riff Raff".

Seriously though, I do employ the occasional facetious comment in my reports and am totally nonrepentant about it. I know that probably sounds a bit hard, but it's my nature to be a bit of a joker and I just don't have it in me to be warm, fuzzy and/or politically correct throughout my writing. I'd like to think that anyone who's read many of my TRs would know that given my life and background, I'd hardly consider myself in a position to look down my nose at anyone. Even OW Emeralds!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Feb 5, 2005 at 10:41 am