FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Is The Least Expensive Full Coach Or Y Fare Available: High Yield US/CO Bonuses
Old Oct 24, 2000, 7:48 am
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
BillMorrow ,
That BTV-PLB sounds like a fine opportunity to me, and thanks for posting it. I am currently in that Silver for 10 segments promo with US, so while I would not get the preferred bonus.....it's still a lot of miles for the money. I am going to seriously look into doing this for 1 or 2 days. Plus flying is more fun probably than the bus.

The UA 1K plan being discussed on the linked thread is interesting too....though I would have to get over to wherever it is, stay in hotels, etc. Yet it is intriguing.

Personally so far as mileage/segment runs, I don't really care what the destination is....after all I may never leave the gate area of the airport. Of course, if possible, I like for them to be on nice planes and airports in first class, etc. But the point is to get the miles, not where you are going. To me its like playing a strategy game, where the object is to get the most miles for the money, and also to in general get a lot of miles for little money spent. I typically use my miles for upgrades on intl flights, and I think it pays off (e.g. I might spend more if I bought a J class ticket instead of using the miles). Plus buying the J class ticket wouldn't be much of a strategy game. Well, if I could buy a J class ticket without thinking about it, I wouldn't mind that either. If people are interested in having some kind of event re the BTV-PLB flights, post on FT or let me know by email. I can just picture the expression on the gate agents face "Hello, I am going to fly BTV-PLB back and forth all day, how are you?" "What...(pause) (clicks of computer keys) your flying back and forth all day?"