FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - President proposes increasing taxes on air tickets to pay for security
Old Feb 1, 2005, 8:34 am
General J

General J (known there as Swan Song), you may remember, posted here that her husband "is responsible for Pollution Response in one of the nation's biggest Ports."

According to the PM I received, that is somewhat of an exaggeration:

"Her husband is in the Marine Science; while he does do document verification through marine inspections, he is not fully fluent with the tactical law enforcement or port security in its fullest capacity."
Wrong and whomever your source is hasn't a clue as to what my husband does for a living.

My user name is SEASWAN. My husband supervises the Pollution Response and Investigations parts of his unit, which includes roughly 35 people. He is fully qualified to handle various weapons that the USCG uses and has been trained for tactical response should the necessity arise. He is the 2nd highest enlisted member at his current unit. He is "the man" that deals with every single oil spill, tug boat sinking, and hazmat situation that happens in this AOR.

Just remember to thank my husband for cleaning up the oil spill that Hurricane Ivan caused in the Gulf. If he hadn't, you would still be paying over $2 a gallon for your gas.