FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]
Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:52 am
CharlesMD
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
I assume you have empirical evidence to support that statement?
She sent me a thank you card, she was able to send her parents to NRT in F for the "trip of a lifetime."

YMMV but in all the years I've been EXP, they would send some occasionally but "like candy" clearly doesn't fit my experience.
All you had to do was ask the elite desk for more and they would send it to you.

You need rules???? They were clearly designed for one passenger to give one SOS to one AA employee.
Says who? There was nothing on the SOS form that said you could only give one out or that there were any kinds of limits. When I requested them on the phone I said that I loved to give SOS out and often gave the FAs and gate agents many at a time.

I also used to call AA CSR to praise specific FAs (often while taxiing to the gate) and now send in a praise e-mail for practically every flight I take, but I suppose that's abusive which led to the elimination of the phone number being posted on the web