FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2024, 4:24 pm
DuyT

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Hilton Diamond, Sixt Diamond, Hertz Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Was wondering what the KLM policy is on this? I have noted on a few recent flight the attendants playing with their personal phones with them “discreetly” placed over their KLM issued ipad type devices to make it look like they are using them instead.

I ask this as in a UK newspaper recently, there was a story about passengers taking pictures of flight crew using their personal phones onboard, sending these into the airline (think it was Delta) resulting in crew getting disciplined and the folks reporting them getting a gift of miles. No plans to do that myself mind you, just wondering what the official policy is.
I don’t know the official KLM policy, but I have one anecdotal datapoint: on a KLM flight I had a chat with a very friendly purser and we talked about a topic that mutually interested us and for which I was quoted by a newspaper. I told him the keyword to find the article through google, but he said he wasn’t allowed to be on his phone in order for him to look it up, so I had to show him on my phone.

I wouldn’t know what the possible penalty would be, but given it is a Dutch airline, I doubt immediate firing in part of that process, nor does a snitch reward in form of miles or something sound very KLM-like.