FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 baggage failure 4 May 2024 - now resolved
Old May 4, 2024, 12:10 pm
Blue Box Flynn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
T5 baggage failure 4 May 2024 - now resolved

Hi all - currently on the delayed BA177 from LHR to JFK and received an email mid-flight that my bag might not have made it onto the flight (first time in 20 years flying so I guess I count myself lucky).

I can see the bag is at T5C in the baggage section (north end) via AirTag and doesn’t look like it’s going to make it onto any of the later NYC flights today.

Looking for advice from the group - I guess I have to wait till I get to the baggage hall to put in the lost bag request - do I seek out the BA reps asap knowing it’s still at LHR or do I have to wait for them to all come out first ? Do I just head to hotel and register later ? What’s typical timing of being reunited on this route ? Any other advice as will head out tonight for emergencies but I might need a new work wardrobe if it doesn’t arrive by Sunday night.

I’ve tried to pre-register via the link bu lt either the site is under strain or it doesn’t like me trying to do it at 30000 feet somewhere over Canada…

many thanks all for any help

best

BBF

Last edited by Blue Box Flynn; May 4, 2024 at 1:36 pm Reason: Cleaner title