FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spontaneous Sicilian Splendour. Palermo in a day
Old May 3, 2024, 8:17 am
JapesUK

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Spontaneous Sicilian Splendour. Palermo in a day

A bit of a wild card, I’ve booked a very last minute trip this week, choosing to avoid a three-day weekend at home. I decided to use some of my rewards for a quick getaway and Palermo, a place I've never visited before, fit perfectly for a short diversion from tonight to Sunday.

The itinerary is as follows:

I'll head out to the airport soon for the hop to Heathrow and stay overnight at the Sheraton for the first time.
Tomorrow I have an early flight to Palermo, giving me the afternoon and evening to explore.
Sunday morning will be leisurely, likely consisting of a long breakfast and then off to the airport
Finally, return to Heathrow and onwards to Newcastle Sunday evening.

At present both the Palermo outbound and return flights are on the wet lease Danish Air Transport A321 and hopefully it stays that way and I can see what the fuss is about.

And there’s the fun of a train ride from the Airport to Palermo and back as a car transfer is almost the same price as the entire trip!

With that brief preamble it’s time to sort out my life and make tracks to the airport.