FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old May 2, 2024, 2:08 am
mrpacifist

Originally Posted by SethDTX
Honestly, this has nothing to do with Hilton. Points are purchased through a 3rd party points.com and Hilton cannot do anything about the speed of the transfer or purchase. Almost all hotel loyalty chains use this service as well for their points transactions
Yes, points.com. Where it becomes more tricky is that points.com blames Hilton Honors, and Hilton Honors blames points.com. So either way you cannot do anything but wait, whilst your redemption has gone. It makes no sense to sell points for a dynamic pricing product if they are to be credited with a delay. Usually I have not had any issue but with this I would urge everyone to be cautious as it is not a guarantee to have those in a timely fashion and you might end up to miss out on the redemption.

Also from a customer service point of view, third party or not this is still Hilton shop front and it is not great to bounce customers, without even trying to make an internal claim or anything to speed up the process, especially as I cannot do this myself with points.com - the latter clearly say you have to contact your loyalty membership, not them as a provider.