FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick to East London during train strike
Old May 1, 2024, 2:45 am
scottishpoet

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Carlusa
Since the UK is the world leader in train strikes, I’m surprised I can’t find an existing topic on this

currently in Europe returning on BA to Gatwick on the evening of 7 May, a day I now discover to be yet another train strike

So my question is do BA provide any flexibility to change flights or airports (fly to Heathrow instead since TfL aren’t striking). guessing not since I’m on the basic economy ticket a public transport strike is not their responsibility, but I have heard some airlines have exceptions to policy for external evened like the “flat tire rule” in the US
They will not provide fexibilty

Or is there a bus I can get into London from Gatwick?
there are buses to many destinations, including london

Typically different train companies strike on different dats. Not sure about may 7th but with the variety of servers to gatwick i expect some trains will run.

Or any recommended Gatwick airport hotel if I get stranded there?

thanks all
Taxis will run too, so i doubt you will be stranded. plenty of reasonable hotels in the area , at the airport and the local area . Possibly discussed in the uk destination forum