FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Oneworld Explorer User Guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:46 am
ironmanjt

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Looks good (and novel!) to me
CXI is on my bucket list, and I too was thinking of the necessary one-week stopover, caused by the flight only being weekly. But conversely 10hrs might be too short for me.

Two points:
  • I assume CXI is in the South West Pacific continent not North America, otherwise you cannot do what you want (surely it MUST be, right? But it is North of the equator and East of the dateline)
  • Your HNL-NAN flight will of course show as just one segment on the ticket (no mention of the fact that the flight stops in CXI). This is good, because then your later CXI-NAN flight will not be flagged as a duplicate (which is not allowed)
Yeah, sadly it's a dilemma. 7 days is too long, but 10 hours is too short. I just priced it out in the tool and it prices (and goes to booking stage) so it does appear valid....but the tough part is the 34,000 mile limit. I'd have to eliminate my SEA-DCA-SFO with time at home to make it work. Totally doable, but...