FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Oneworld Explorer User Guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:36 am
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Looks good (and novel!) to me
CXI is on my bucket list, and I too was thinking of the necessary one-week stopover, caused by the flight only being weekly. But conversely 10hrs might be too short for me.

Two points:
  • I assume CXI is in the South West Pacific continent not North America, otherwise you cannot do what you want (surely it MUST be, right? But it is North of the equator and East of the dateline)
  • Your HNL-NAN flight will of course show as just one segment on the ticket (no mention of the fact that the flight stops in CXI). This is good, because then your later CXI-NAN flight will not be flagged as a duplicate (which is not allowed)
ETA
You made an error in your last paragraph, right? It should be NAN-CXI-NAN, with 10hrs in CXI?

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Question on changing a Global Explorer 34,000 ticket (ex-CAI) with 2 segments already flown (CAI-LHR and LHR-BER) and 3 to be flown shortly (BER-HEL, HEL-SEA-DCA) leaving me 11 segments left:

1. FJ flight 821 from HNL-NAN - flight is a one-stop flight (direct) with a stop in CXI - this counts as one segment, correct? So would this be a valid routing:

DCA-SFO-ANC
ANC-HNL
HNL-(CXI)-NAN
NAN-CXI
CXI-NAN
NAN-MEL
MEL-KUL-BLK
BKK-DOH-CAI

Basically, the HNL-CXI-NAN flights only go once a week so my choice is to go HNL-CXI then CXI-NAN 7.5 days apart (I think 7.5 days there will drive me crazy) or just stop in CXI on the way to NAN, and then do a CXI-NAN-CXI with 10 hours there...I can't see why this isn't allowed but the 1 stop flight has me thinking...

Last edited by pandaperth; Apr 29, 2024 at 10:45 am