FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA cancelled an award hold without telling me
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:28 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by tubulus
Logged in this morning and the flight doesn't exist anymore. We were booked on one of the 10:25pm flights JFK-FCO. (My kids and I were already booked in business on the flight). Now it looks like they took that late flight off the schedule and when I log in this morning we are now on the 4:55pm.

Only problem, I can't take that flight! We booked the original specifically because it was late, we need to work that day and the kids have camp. I burned 100k Starwood miles and spent $ to transfer miles between me and my wife for a flight that doesn't exist. They have no late night flights to Italy at all now. What the hell do I do now?

Also note I haven't even gotten an email from American yet about this! I only know because I logged in this morning to see what the dynamic award price was today.
As part of some schedule changes announced this week AA did eliminate the 2nd daily late JFK-FCO flight starting in early August.

These changes are loaded into the system late Saturday nights / early Sunday mornings so they were just implemented a few hours ago, hence why you haven't received an email yet.

AA cannot force partners to open up award space but they can switch you to other AA metal flight options. Not sure what your schedule allows but there is a JFK-MXP departing around 7pm. And of course JFK-LHR at 10:30p. You would be responsible for getting from there to Rome.