FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA cancelled an award hold without telling me
Old Apr 27, 2024, 7:50 pm
tubulus

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Regardless, you are in the same position as if the agent had given correct information. If no hold had been made and , as you stated, you called when the account owner was available and "finally in the same room for a while" , you would have been given a quote based on price at that time

By your own statements, you could not have secured the ticket at that time since the account holder was not present and was also unreachable

If you had been able to complete the transaction at the time you would have been ok

If the account holder was present , could have completed the transaction and wanted to complete it, but the agent suggested/encouraged that you put it on hold rather than complete at the time, then I would agree that the airline should honour the original quote
No, you are not understanding. It is much more annoying for me to deal with this during the week as we are busy running around, getting homework done with the kids, etc, but I could have. I could have called in that night to do it, even without doing the hold, if the agent had told me I needed to (presumably the ticket would have been the same price that night or close). It would have been a pain especially given the hour+ weekday wait times I've dealt with, but I could have don't it. But since the agent told me everything was fine and I had 5 days to do it I waited until a more convenient day when I had more time and I knew the wait time would be short. Also note that the agent I spoke with today seemed to indicate that if I had indeed called in within 24 hours the cancellation would not have happen. Again, I could have made this happen if they had told me.