FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:21 am
Geoggy

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Quick report from one night paid stay. I’m Diamond Ambassador and had booked directly with a contact at IHG, so he had already done the upgrade to a One Bedroom Suite and added paid lounge access.

A good stay I guess but was sad that Luis has left the property - the last of the lounge “old guard.”

A few service anomalies as seems to be par for the course. Our room wasn’t ready at 3.15pm and as we’d headed to the lounge to check in one of the staff gave us a “further upgrade”, but we were given a x20 room, or in old money a Studio Suite. Couldn’t be bothered to argue but did have to have 2 visits from maintenance to get the aircon working.

Canapes were good last night. Was good service on the Pommery as after a slow start it was hard to get to the bottom of a glass without it being topped up.

Breakfast was good this morning although we were served cold tea, which again just shouldn’t happen.

We got no Ambassador welcome amenity in the room, and they bizarrely left me a Happy Birthday cake, even though it wasn’t and clearly isn’t from my IHG profile.

No “how was your stay” on check out either. We are back on Tuesday and will check in downstairs to see which room from the made up categories we get this time.