FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta’s 767s to HNL
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:17 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I believe most of the 763s have been "refreshed" with new memory foam seats and seat covers in D1 (along with a PS cabin), which helps. While I felt like I had to cross my fingers each time I tried to operate the mechanical seat controls as I wasn't sure how well they'd work, I wasn't unhappy flying this old bird because lie-flats beat First Class recliners any day. Sure, the IFE sucks (I just pack my iPad), but the food seemed on-par with international DeltaOne (except no ice cream sundae bar!). The footwells are a bit cramped, so I like the front row.

If you are IND based, you could consider MSP-HNL (763) or ATL-HNL (330-300). If your trip is far enough out, just book the cheap JFK routing, wait for the inevitable schedule change, then switch to your preferred routing gratis!
You forgot DTW-HNL (another 763 route). Whether routing through JFK, DTW, MSP, or ATL, applicable D1 fares on IND-HNL will be the same and start at $3578 roundtrip for Z fares (with 60 day advance purchase requirement). D1 Z fares out of JFK start at $2860 roundtrip. If you can find dates with Z availability out of IND, it's probably not really worth repositioning to JFK. D1 Z fares on CMH-HNL start at $3178 roundtrip if you are willing to drive to save some money.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 26, 2024 at 10:26 pm