FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok to Newcastle with BA, No Economy from Doha
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:56 pm
malct

Regards Baggage It states on BA that if you book Premium then it doubles your allowance from 23KG to 46KG but then you read to check Qatar baggage rules. I can see my wife taking advantage of the extra luggage ...

I fully understand what your saying about the seats on Qatar, I certainly would not pay to get a preferred seat , But Booking through BA and one of your flights with Qatar, I don't think that you have a option to select your seat..

I understand that the only way to get a decent seat on BA is to pay because they assign a seat to you and if you want to move somewhere else , Then you have to pay during Check in even though it says free seat selection 24 hours before check in..

So when you ask, What is not clear , I am reading one think and then it contradicts itself

Regards Avios Points , I have 1500 which i received when i flew with Qatar last year which is worth £100 off a flight , Not sure how many points you need for selecting a seat with BA, I have joined BA and Qatar membership, So i can earn and use points on both airlines

I would have booked the flights by now, But just waiting for my travel insurance getting sorted out, My policy runs out soon and i am waiting for my Renewal,, I should have had the quote last week and I always like to be fully covered before paying for flights