FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok to Newcastle with BA, No Economy from Doha
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:30 am
malct

Thank you for your reply, Regards not understanding the concept, Its not clear on the BA website what your getting , It states that if you book a Premium flight, You get extra Baggage allowance of 2 X 23KG and then if you read on the information when getting a price, It states Check Qatar for Luggage allowance which states 25KG

Regards Qatar not having Premium, They do have Preferred seating on their flights which is either in the Front or upper floor. ( These do come available free of charge during OLCI ) Which i take advantage off .

Regards the Avios points, Booking the premium just gives you the same amount of points if you book the Economy seats

Ideally i would prefer to book the whole Journey in Premium at a Cost of £1050 return, I have noticed that BA have a sale on , But these flights are not in the sale unless booking a direct flight from Heathrow to Doha

Qatar are also doing offers with Promo codes that only reduce the price by a few pounds even though i have 12% off Codes but they do offer a great cancelation deal or change a flight deal which if you book Via a 3rd Party likes of Trip , You would not get a deal like it

See below

Economy Classic

£452

Total for all passengers
Select fare
Earn 3,317 AviosBenefits and fees per adult passenger
Flexibility to make 1 change Cancellation within 24hrs of booking without fees Checked baggage: 25 kg Hand baggage: 1 piece, 7 kg

Online-exclusive benefits

Cancel within 24 hours without fees

For your peace of mind, update your travel plans at no cost.

Enjoy more travel flexibility

Book on qatarairways.com or our mobile app to take full control of your travel plans. Modify your travel dates and more depending on the fare conditions.

All in all, The BA is way better value with Qatar coming in at £775 and BA with Premium at £20.....

Hopefully i will get it booked in the next couple of days and regards Window seat , I might book a window seat for myself with the hope that they will seat my wife next to me , But it does state on BA website that you can contact them and try and get seats together

Also regarding seats , Your unable to select seats on the Qatar Leg and you need to contact them directly,, Qatar Check in opens 48 hours before departure

I know that i am querying a few things, That's because of the Qatar flights on the bookings and the way BA are wording a few things