FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok to Newcastle with BA, No Economy from Doha
Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:48 am
malct

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
If you’re not familiar with nor flown BA premium economy (AKA World Traveller Plus, WTP) then it’s a nice step up from economy to be mild, in my opinion it’s a big step up but it’s subjective. You get far more leg room, much nicer food (a main dish from business), the window seats are a pair so great for couples or a solo flyer. You can sleep slightly better with more room overall but WTP is great for day flights.

If the fare difference for both legs of the entire itinerary is only £100 then take it as that’s very good value. You won’t get an upgrade offer for that. So most on here would say take it!

WTP earns you 90 tier points which is a nice start to earn on BAEC, plus the rest of the journey which might net you a total of 90 + 20 + 5/10 one way. 300 tier points gets you BA Bronze, 600 will get you Silver. You can go on the FT journey of earning TPs but it’s a slippery slope and you’ll soon find yourself wanting to keep Bronze or Silver or maybe even reach for Gold!!
I used to be gold on Emirates just by booking the cheaper seats until they changed the way they gave out miles and halved the amount of miles earnt and yes, Its all about maintaining status , At the time, Etihad matched my Emirates status for free just when my Emirates were demoting me back to silver. Emirates was great , I was travelling to Thailand 5 times a year and i was upgraded to Business on most flights once i became Silver and gold and every 5 flight was a free flight

Regards BA Premium, Its just a shame that they are asking for £50 each to select seats, I am travelling with my wife, So i am hoping that they assign the 2 seats near to the window if i do book with them . It will be a nice surprise for my wife