FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Gift Card Use Discussion Thread
Old Apr 23, 2024, 10:32 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I had a bad experience at the Aloft Montreal Airport this weekend. Part of the problem was I checked in at 11 pm and checked out at 6 am the next morning. FD agent was insistent that they don't accept gift cards. He told me he checked with his manager overnight and he also said they don't accept them. I had left the gift card support desk number for them to call, but AFAIK, they never did. They ended up charging my credit card.

However, I called the gift card support desk when I got to the airport. Agent was super helpful. He sent me the following email to fill out:

If I understood correctly, I believe they will transfer the charge to my gift card. I'll report back if/when it happens. I think I read in this thread that someone else managed to get a charge refunded to his credit card and transferred to his gift card. First time I've needed to call the help desk.
Yes, when I reported Moxy BER did not take Gift Card, I got an email reply saying that was not acceptable because it was Brand Standard which NO violation was allowed.
Although she did not send me a form, but did tell me if I wanted, I could give her the GC number, the stay details and the card being charged, Marriott GC support would make the property reversed the charge from CC, then charge the GC. My stay was <75 euro so I said not to bother but I appreciate your effort. And later I posted in this thread to tell folks if you encounter difficulty REPORT it to Marriott GC Support - they will help. Dont bother to deal with Givex which gave me the wrong info that location can choose not to partidipate. Marriott GC support said they will contact Givex to straight this up and to train the representative who gave wrong info.

Personally I prefer the email route - they answered rather timely. In the above incident, it was the next day. In the case my GCs were overcharged, they answered in 2 days - by that time the property had refunded the GC of the overcharge.

So, yes, you can go this route.