FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022
Old Apr 22, 2024, 9:49 am
DENflyer3

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by Repooc17
United just sends out these "invitation" emails like handing out candies. Not only do I get these every time I fly United ex-EWR, which is a lot, unfortunately, I am on a basic economy ticket out of EWR coming up late this week - is someone holding a BE ticket the target customer to spend $$$ at airport? Does United have a marketing team with common sense?
I have actually talked to someone at United about this very lounge and how they send out invites, etc. They are very specific about who they are inviting. I noted someone here said, "why don't they foucus on passengers with long layovers." Well this is specifically what they do not want in there. They do not want this to turn into a United Club with peiople camped out. Their ideal guest is only there for about an hour and half. They order an expensive meal, and preferably very expensive spirits or wine, etc. They only start sending out invitations to lower teirs of status when its wide open. Ultimately they want an international passenger who has just enough time on a connection to spend a lot and has a history of doing so with the airline.

Personally I love it there. I had a 4 day east coast swing that ended on a Friday in NYC, and got the airport about 2 hours ahead of my flight home. It was the perfect place to sit, with very few people, and decompress after a long travel week. I have been there many times and I like how there is constant turnover, which makes it feel very quite and comfortable. The food is great (for an airport), but completely worth it for me.