FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Gift Card Use Discussion Thread
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:10 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yscleo
I have mixed experience using Gift cards.

At the FourPoints Edmunston, they didn't know how to do GCs. They said they take the number (photocopied), and charged my CC first, saying next week when they figure out how to do it, they can refund my CC. They did eventually do it right.

At Le Meridien Panama, I told them I'll be using GC right from the beginning of the 6 night stay. The night before check out I went to the FD to give them the GC to do. They don't know how and told me to go back next morning. I went the morning of check out, gave the GC to them, and went to breakfast. After breakfast, FD told me they did it, but turned out they took out the entire balance. I tried to get them to return, but they don't know how. I had to leave. Afterward, I called several times, just couldn't get someone to help.

At Westin San Diego, the FD lady took my GC to another room, then came back to say it was done. After I got home, I saw they charged $20 to the GC, and the rest to my CC (I wanted to charge everything to GC).

Some others did fine: Courtyard Vilnius, AC Copenhagen, Westin Cancun, Sthala Bali.
Do you realize you can check your GC balance online immediately after FD processed it? It is real time. You would have discovered the mistake the SD property has made right there on the spot.
The system also allows FD print out how much amount is taken, though not the balance but they can see the amount left and write it down for you.