FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA HHA Clarification with my family situation
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:53 pm
csr72

BA HHA Clarification with my family situation

I have about 83K avios in my own BA account, am head of household in the HHA I established with my wife and minor daughter, all living under the same roof in the US, both of them have zero now but have their own BA accounts.

My wife will soon have about 200K Amex points, waiting on a transfer bonus to transfer to her BA account that is part of the household, so can maximize it to 240K Avios with a 20% (or if it is 30% even better) bonus whenever it arrives during the year. The trip we want is probably a couple of years away as a high school graduation gift for my daughter, a trip to Rome with us.

If my wife has a disproportionate amount of points higher than mine, would there be any disadvantage in redemption the pro-rata method when it comes time to redeem? Assume the first one way trip is economy (80K points) and the second one way trip is business class using my wife's points (240K for example), I don't get to choose how BA uses the Avios in the household during redemption time, right? Based on my understanding, how they slice and dice the 80K and 240K needed is immaterial as long as we have the necessary Avios in totality, is that an accurate understanding?

I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I even think of transferring when the time comes. Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by csr72; Apr 19, 2024 at 8:58 pm