FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Gift Card Use Discussion Thread
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:36 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Happy
They AUTHORIZE the amount, automatically done by the system at Leipzig, no human intervention involved. However the authorization is NOT charged, I.e. used until the guest checked out - I am told by one person who knows how to process GC and another person who is FD supervisor. He actually removed the guaranteed card from one screen to another screen so to prevent the system automatic nightly calculation of authorization needed - basically at first night it was a minimum fix amount, on second night it was 2 nights rates minus what was already authorized - hence I got a weird 48.33 euro authorization prompted me to think this might be the complementary breakfast…. This Marriott has a lounge but we are told we can have our breakfast at the restaurant as well.
I think something must have changed since 2024 (my last stay in Germany) - it was weird when we check-in at Moxy. We wanted to pay with our EUR debit card and the machine didn't accept the card and the FD has to manually put the info in. I put in my pin and it said it was wrong...

I'll go down next month so I'm curious to see if we have the same issue.